Cute things kids do and say

I have a black thumb when it comes to flowers but I had managed to succeed in having one lone flower in our backyard. While I was observing it , my little toddler was with me. So I said, "Now, Patti, don't pick that flower or it won't grow big". I went back inside and soon Patti came in with my flower! When I asked her why she picked my flower she replied, "But Mommie, it was not growing it was just standing there".
***
My sister shared something her little toddler said while flying for the first time. Her daughter was looking out the window and asked, "Mommie, why are we flying upside down?" (they were flying above a layer of clouds.)
***
Another story I heard years ago..It seems the father had buried a pet cat in the backyard. He told his young child that this way it could go to Heaven and be with Jesus. It seems the child got curious one day and dug it up.. then came running into the house yelling, "DADDIE! DADDIE! Our cat couldn't go to Heaven!"
***
My son David, when he was about 4, wanted a garden. I helped him plant a few radishes under my kitchen window. They hadn't seemed to grow properly and I wondered why. Then one morning I heard David talking to his little friend. He was telling the boy about his radishes. I decided to join them and while I was walking towards them I saw David pull out a radish and say, "See my radish?". He then put it back in the ground.
***
When my little Patti was about 2 or so, she was playing in our fenced backyard. I was in the basement washing with the door to the backyard open so I could hear my little girl. I noticed she started talking to herself a bit. "Num Num", she said. I knew she had nothing to eat so I quickly ran to her. She held out her hand and repeated.."Num Num" To my horror in her hand was the remains of a baby bird which must have fallen from the nest!! I grabbed Patti and ran for the house, trying to get what was in her mouth outside, while I was running. I was a young mother and scared to death of what just took place.

I quickly called the doctor. "PATTI ATE A BIRD!", I sobbed out. To my horror the doctor started laughing hysterically? When he could finally gain control of himself he said, "Give her a glass of water to wash it down"...then started laughing again.

***
It seems my little boy was always up before me. On one occasion I awoke abruptly when he pulled one of my eyelids open and ask, "Mama are you in there"?
***
Another time when David was little, he woke me up yelling, "'MAMA!, MAMA!" I jumped up and ran to him. I found him in the kitchen by the window up on a step-stool. Looking out the window he yelled "LOOK MAMA! THE MOUNTAINS ARE UP!" (We had a lot of smog most of the time and you couldn't see the mountains) He thought they went up and down like an elevator.
***
One of my others sisters had this happen: she was shopping in a grocery store and had her little girl in a stroller. Her little girl was sucking on a lollipop. A man came up to her and said, "Wow! What a great lollipop you have.". Her little girl had a serious look as she said, "If you go poo poo potty you could get a lollipop too."
***
One year we had hundreds of snails bothering our plants. They were everywhere. During this time I received a call from my close neighbor. "Did you know your little boy is going door to door trying to sell snails?"
I quickly ran outside and sure enough he was on his way to the next neighbor to sell snails!

***
These two are from someone called Kathy (Thank you for sharing, Kathy)

While at the doctor's late one evening, the cleaning crew started to pick up. One man in the crew (wearing shortsleeved shirt) was missing an arm. My son, who was seven at the time, walked over to the man, stood right next to him and bent his body so he could look up the empty sleeve. From across the room he shouted, "Mommy, his arm is gone!" Fortunately, the man laughed and explained what had happened to him.

My son, who is ADD, could easily get out of control. Instead of always saying, "stop that" or "don't do that" etc. I wanted to get my message across without always sounding negative; so, he and I decided that when I thought things were getting out of hand, I would say, "put the brakes on." Then one summer afternoon he was running through the backyard after another child, I yelled out "Put the breaks on"...
He yelled back without missing a step, "The brakes are Broken!"

No comments :

Post a Comment